Who can apply?

You can apply if you’re a private sector business that builds new homes or prepares sites for housing developments.

This includes small builders, community builders, custom builders and regeneration specialists, as well as larger builders and developers.

You can see how others have benefited from our schemes by reading some of our case studies.

Read An introduction to the Home Building Fund for more information on how the fund works and who can apply.

Homes and Communities Agency logo

Further information

Read more about the Home Building Fund.

The Home Building Fund is managed by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) on behalf of the government. HCA is the national housing, land and regeneration agency in England.

HCA is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), in line with the requirements of Schedule 1 of The Money Laundering Regulations 2007, for supervision of its anti money laundering controls in relation to its lending activities. It is therefore required to comply with legal as well as relevant FCA regulatory requirements with regard to the prevention of money laundering and counter terrorism financing.

You can read a summary of HCA’s compliance requirements and policies.